New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Sunday, December 23, 2012

Where has the time gone?

Today is my second son's 31st birthday. It's funny no matter how many years pass by a mother can still tell you every detail of her labor and delivery of every child  that she has given birth to. Having a second child is very different from having your first.
Before giving birth to your first child you hear every horror story from all the women in your family about their experiences. They had me frightened...I was afraid of the unknown. But with the second child you're a little wiser. When I started my labor pains with Joey I didn't want to rush to the hospital like I did with my first, I wanted to stay home as long as possible and besides...my living room needed vacuuming. I also remember being so hungry, I was craving chocolate and because I ran the Winro Roller Rink concession stand my garage was full of boxes of candy bars. I remember eating Snickers between my contractions. 
Labor was not as long as the first time and I remember my son looking exactly like his father when he finally made his appearance. I told the nurse that I guess I needed to have a girl in order to have a baby look like me. She told me she has never heard a patient talk about having another child immediately after going through labor and delivery.
We weren't like the young couples of today in regards to picking out a name for the new baby. We didn't plan on a name ahead of time we waited until he was born. And for some reason he just looked like a Joey.  I know that probably sounds weird but that is exactly what happened.




Here's a couple old photos of some of Joey's past birthdays. This one is his first birthday celebrated in Casa Grande, Arizona. He's being held by his Grandma Schroeder and his older brother Eddie is also in the picture. Don't know what kind of face Eddie is making...my boys never liked posing for pictures.



 Here is another birthday, also celebrated at the house in Casa Grande. It's probably about his 4th or 5th birthday. What a happy, happy face on this special little boy.






Happy Birthday my dear. I love you more than words can say.


No comments:

Post a Comment