New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Sunday, December 9, 2012

White Shots + Schroeders = Hangover


Last night was Rob and Jenny's annual Christmas get-together, but it the first time I was able to attend. Except for Sami and Eddie the whole family who lived locally was able to make it. I'll have to admit I probably drank just a little too much. I was doing fine until the celebration shots began flowing. Some white concoction that tasted like bananas (Mike said it was like drinking suntan lotion) were the first shots, followed by another white concoction that tasted like Cinnamon Toast Crunch - which by the way I never liked! Had to fill my belly with snacks, chocolate and ham sandwiches to soak up all that alcohol...at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
When us Schroeders are together there is always a sing-a-long. This music and these sing-a-longs have been handed down from generation to generation in this family.  "Heart of my Heart" was the favorite selection of the evening and of course there were plenty of Christmas carols sung. What was amazing to me was how fantastic my brother Mike's voice is. He used to sing in the choir and musicals in high school but I'm not sure I've heard him sing alone before. He sang a beautiful rendition of Silent Night.


 

We all had a great time but I didn't get much sleep. I got home late, or really early depending on how you look at it, and I wanted to sleep in this morning  but that didn't mean that Bella was on that schedule. She woke me up after only a few hours sleep to go outside. When I let her outside high winds were blowing inland from the lake and nearly took the back door right out of my hand. Nothing like a cold blast of air first thing in the morning to wake a person up. And I had my first hangover headache in a long, long time. I know it was those damn white shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment