New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful for my 3 1/2 men and dumplings with my turkey...

Thanksgiving Day here was wonderfully warm and sunny. I was able to talk to all three of my sons and any day that happens is a happy day for me. Funny, the older I get the more important simple things like a phone conversation with one of my sons means to me...and when I get to talk to all three on the same day it's as if I hit the lottery. So not only on Thanksgiving Day but every day of my life I am thankful for the 3 1/2 men in my life...Eddie, Joey, Jon and Aiden.

Eddie and I spent most of the day at the home of Brooke's parents the Domers. It was a day full of great food, some football and the most enjoyable game of BINGO that I ever played. This was the first time I met Karen and Randy Domer and some of their family - Heather, Chris, CJ, Bri, Bella and Will. And I want to thank them and Brooke for opening their home and hearts to make us feel so welcomed. 

Randy, Karen and I found out that we had a lot in common. We graduated from the same high school, lived pretty much in the same neighborhood growing up, went to the same dances during our summer breaks and we know a lot of the same people. If things would have worked out during the 1940's with Eddie's great aunt and Brooke's great uncle...the two of them would have been related. Wow. I truly believe in the six degree of separation - Six degrees of separation is the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person in the world. (wikipedia.org)

 And by the way, this was the first time I had dumplings with my Thanksgiving turkey. They were delicious and Eddie and Bella had a contest on how many they could eat, they tied, they each had three!!  The difference is Bella is only a five year old little girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment