New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bird Poop and Deer Hunting...

When there is a wide windshield on a person's car, why does the bird always poop right at eye level on the driver's side? Why is it that when I finally decide to splurge on a full car wash because of the bird poop...it rains just enough to fill the potholes in my driveway with muddy water? Just wondering...

The drive home from work tonight was real slow on Highway 41. I couldn't believe all the cars traveling in the northbound lanes. I'm assuming it was mostly men on their way "up north" for opening weekend of deer hunting. Hunting in Wisconsin is like a religion. I remember when I was in high school the majority of the boys didn't even attend school the day before opening day of deer hunting. Things haven't changed much, there is no school tomorrow here in Winneconne. I guess the school system figured they'd make it a holiday since half of the kids had no intentions of showing up for classes anyway. The school system got smart.
Hell, I had to plan my first wedding around hunting and fishing seasons. I wanted a May wedding and we couldn't get married in the beginning of that month because of some sort of hunting or fishing. Thank God the end of May fit in that schedule. 

It's party time for all the hunting widows. There are all kinds of special shopping events scheduled for this weekend, specials at restaurants and of course all bars are advertising happy hour specials for the women who have been left behind.  I'm hoping to get to some craft fairs to begin Christmas shopping and then who knows where that will lead us. Barb wants a pajama party full of fattening foods and movies. Sounds like fun to me.

I ate venison many, many years ago back when I was a picky eater and I made up my mind ahead of time that I would hate it.  Since  then I have eaten and I love venison sausage and brats. I've been told that these don't really count since there is so much more than venison in them. So for a very selfish reason I am wishing my brothers, brother-in-laws, nephews, (one niece), cousins and friends a very lucky hunt. Bring home those big bucks because I'd like another crack at trying some venison that's not in sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment