New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sunrise over Lake Winneconne...

Just the other day I was wondering how a person, who lives alone, would know if their headlights or taillights were out on their car. Well I found out the answer to that question...live in Winneconne and the police will stop you. Yup, I got pulled over on my way home from work the other night. I couldn't figure out why I was being stopped, I'm always real careful about my speed driving through this Village and I usually can spot where the police are waiting. Well, I wasn't speeding and I never saw Ben in the police car until I saw the  lights flashing in my rear view mirror. All the worrying was for nothing,.. I just had a headlight burnt out. Next morning I was back at Leo's Filling Station getting a new light. AND it only cost me $12 to purchase it and have it installed. When I was at the Kia dealership in Flagstaff, they charged over $90 to replace a bulb by the time they got through charging me for labor! God I love living here.

It's funny how life turns out. I remember many years ago, when my mother was still alive we had a conversation regarding the property in Winneconne. My brother Bruce and I lived in Arizona, my other four siblings lived in Wisconsin and mom wanted to know if any of us were interested in living in her home in Winneconne, she really, really wanted the house to stay in the family. I told her I would never move back to Wisconsin to live and that the house really didn't mean anything to me...you see I never actually lived it this house. The house our family lived in on 10th Ave. in Oshkosh is the house that holds many good memories for me as a kid growing up. I was never too fond of the house on Guenther Street in Oshkosh. And the house in Winneconne was built after I moved to Arizona, so I had no attachment to it. And now look who's living in that house in Winneconne....me. It's just funny how a divorce, a death, a job position closing down and the strong need to be with family changes a person's mind.

Not a day goes bye that I don't think and sometimes talk to mom and dad. Everything in this house reminds me of them. I find myself thinking what would they do, or what would they think about something to do with the house or the property.

These pictures are for you mom and dad. The beauty of the sun rising over the lake was just one of the reasons you guys decided to build this home on Lake Winneconne. The place I now call my home.






1 comment: