New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's OFFICIAL...

It's OFFICIAL, I am now officially a Wisconsinite. I found out that a person only has to live here for 28 days before they are allowed to vote at the polls. I've lived here since the middle of April and I have plenty of utility bills to prove it so I got to register and vote today! So I am an official resident of the Town of Winneconne, County of Winnebago, State of Wisconsin. (and I have a sticker to prove it)

The voting today took place in the building where I work...but only for the Village people. I live in the Town because my home is a few yards from the Village border. So after work I found where the Town Hall was located. For a small community I was surprised that the parking lot was so full ... I couldn't find a parking place  because so many citizens showed up to vote. People around here take their voting privileges very serious. I am curious on what percentage of the community voted today. I'll let you know tomorrow I have a feeling that everyone I work with and everyone who comes into my work place tomorrow will be discussing today's voters turnout.

They have a neat set-up here in the Village of Winneconne. Every municipality office is in one building. Downstairs is the Village Admin Office, Police Department and for a few days every month a Courtroom. Upstairs is the Winneconne Public Library, the Chamber of Commerce and a hall or meeting room for events like today. It sure is nice to be so close to the library. I am up there during my lunch break almost every day. Since I don't have tv hookup (don't think I will be getting it any time soon either) I check out DVDs from our library. I'm not good on remembering movie titles or what they are suppose to be about so I've decided to just start in the As and work my way through the alphabet. Tonight was Annapolis. I wonder how long this is going to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment