New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Wednesday, July 25, 2012

MacGregor Reunion 2012 Recap Part Two

Tuesday night. Eleven of our family members attending the Milwaukee Brewers game. They got tickets from the Milwaukee Brewer pitcher, Mike Fiers. He is an aquaintance of my niece Julie. The family got to sit directly behind home plate in the family and friend section of the stadium.

Mike didn't pitch that night but the Brewers did beat the Cardinals 3-2. The family invited Mike up to Winneconne for our family reunion on Saturday, but he had to play in Cincinnati that day...so he was invited up to The Bar in Oshkosh to watch volleyball and eat wings on Wednesday night instead. But that story and those pics are for another blog.
While some of the family traveled to Milwaukee the rest of us enjoyed a delicious German meal at The Roxy restaurant in Oshkosh.

The original plan was for everyone to order a different German dish and then we'd each get to try a little from every plate. That didn't happen. As you can see on the menu this restaurant has a Hi-Holder special. That consists of pork roast, potato dumplings and gravy. As a member of the John Schroeder family that was the meal we ate EVERY Sunday at noon. And while we enjoyed our Sunday meal we listened to polka music on the television broadcasted from the local Green Bay station. With our pork roast and dumplings mom always served applesauce (sometimes homemade) and in the summer we had cucumbers sliced thin with vinegar and cream, in the winter she served wilted lettuce smothered with hot bacon dressing. I love both even today. BEWARE, if you are hungry don't look at the next picture!
I can't remember the last time I've laughed so much. Being with Mary Christine, Patty and Donna was a hoot especially after a few cocktails. I haven't seen them drink since we were kids. They let loose on this night and had two whole drinks...and believe me that's all it took.
After dinner I took them on a short tour of Menominee Park in Oshkosh. The sun was just beginning to set over Lake Winnebago. They were impressed with how large the lake was and the cool breeze coming off of it. It was a refreshing change after a hot and humid day. Patty told us she was going to sleep on the park bench and told us to pick her up in the morning.
The main reason I wanted to take them to the park was to show them the statue of Chief Oshkosh, the chief of the Menominee Indians. 

They were so funny. They kept trying to text their kids and it took them forever to hit the right keys. I have the same problem but I can't hit the right keys when I'm sober. We acted silly, laughed until we cried and just had a great time together while cruising the streets of Oshkosh, Wisconsin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment