New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Monday, July 2, 2012

Wisconsin has a "wet heat", Christmas in July sale at Heritage Makers...

You know what people say about the hot days in Arizona? "It's a dry heat." Well I have to tell you the heat here in Wisconsin is NOT a dry heat! When I went outside this morning I felt like I was walking through a mist of some sort...does that make sense? When they talk about how you can cut the air with a  knife I now remember what that feels like. But, when I asked someone about how high the humidity was I was promptly told they don't call it humidity any more, they call it the dew point. Whatever they call it I was miserably sticky and I was ready for a second shower by noon.

We did get rain and it arrived with vengeance early this evening. I watched the waves turn into high white caps within a matter of minutes. The only one enjoying this weather (besides me I LOVE storms) was a lonely seagull sitting on the pier.

My sister called to warn me about the weather because she knows I don't have television stations or listen to the radio so I don't receive weather warnings. She was a little too late on the warning I was already enjoying the show taking loads of pictures. Then the hail came down, this scared the dickens out of Bella. We have 4 skylights in the kitchen dining area and the hail bouncing off those glass panels made a terrible ruckus. As I approached the scrapbook room to take more pictures from another direction, I noticed my deck had nothing on it...no chairs, no table and almost all of my chimes were gone. The winds wiped everything right off and into the yard. Thank God the glass table didn't break and the chairs were ok, but I'm still missing some chimes and the ones I did find are in pieces.
The tragedy of the day was we lost another large tree. I would guess it was 100 years or older. It went down and fell into the neighbors yard. No one was hurt but it did take down their flagpole and it's leaning on one of their large pine trees. I sent this picture to my family to show them that another tree went down (last September when I was here recovering from surgery we had a large tree go down during a similar storm and that one took out phone and electrical lines). My brother Mike said he was going to come by with his chainsaw but remarked that he doesn't think his saw is going to be large enough. I always get sad when I see such large, old trees burn, or blow over.
This property is shaped like a peninsula sorta...when my parents bought it and built on it the entire peninsula was covered around the shoreline with large trees just like this one. Over the years storms, ice shoves and diseases have slowly taken them down. And now there are very few left. I will look up old pictures to show you the difference. What a tragedy.

Back to birds. I told you the other day about the bird that flew down my chimney and flew around my living room. Well...he must have recovered because after I took him outside he flew away. So there is a happy ending to that story. However, tonight when the storm hit, the wind blew open the door leading into the garage, when the storm ended I went to close the door and there was a bird inside the garage flying around all frightened. Then I saw my car, I washed my car about 4 hours before the rain but wasn't worried because I knew it would be safe in the garage...boy was I wrong... now it was covered with bird poop! I guess the storm scared the crap right out of this bird. Now I ask...what is it with me and birds???

New July sale at Heritage Makers...Christmas in July. More information soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment