New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Friday, September 21, 2012

Fog hides my lack of clothes...

The past couple of days have been perfect examples of what people mean by "Fall is in the air".  Early mornings are bringing in the fog over the lake, fog so thick that I can't see much past the shoreline. I was up early the other morning to let Bella out and I heard  an odd sound. It was a rhythmic splashing noise and when I looked up I saw him, a man paddling by the house in his canoe. I don't think he saw me, at least I hope he didn't, because once again I wasn't dressed appropriately to be outside. I keep forgetting that even though I have no neighbors right now on dry land, I am pretty close to a public waterway. That didn't stop me from running into the house to get my camera though.
As soon as I was done snapping this shot I heard men talking and they sounded like they weren't too far away, but because the of the fog being so thick I couldn't see anyone. So, even though I was very inappropriately dressed, I followed their voices. I tiptoed to the back of the garage where our boat landing is...and I finally could see them... two men in a fishing boat. They had no clue I was watching them and I could hear every word they were saying. I don't think people realize how their voices carry across the water when everything else is so calm. I had to hurry to get some pictures taken because the sun was rising and the fog was beginning to lift and I didn't want to be discovered outside with what I was wearing.
The Autumn sun comes out and it is very deceiving. Yesterday, when I did get dressed, I put on a sleeveless top and my capris. I took one step outside and the crisp, Autumn breeze sent me right back into the house to put on jeans (for the first time in a very long time) and a light weight sweater. (I know this information is going to be shocking to Donna and Mandy)
The days are getting shorter and as much as I like the Fall weather, the short days sadden me. It's a reminder that Summer is really over and I've always hated to say goodbye to Summers. Every day it's getting dark out earlier and earlier. I really notice it since I work 4pm -7pm  because when I began this job four weeks ago I didn't have to turn my lights in my car to drive home and now I do.
September 22nd is the official first day of Fall this year. So Mother Nature is right on time. I've enjoyed my first full Summer back here...now it's time for another season of living in Wisconsin...Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment