New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Remember...

Today is a day of reflection for me. Whenever I hear anyone talk about 9/11 I immediately find myself remembering every move I made early in the morning on 9/11/2001.  It was very early in the morning in Arizona and I turned on the morning show, Good Morning Arizona, like I did every morning while I got ready for work. I heard the commotion on the tv and saw a fire, then I saw an airplane slam into a very tall building and within minutes both towers came tumbling down. I could hear the fear in the announcers voices. I ran upstairs and woke up my son and made him come downstairs with me to watch the news. We sat still and quiet watching in disbelief as they showed the planes crashing into the buildings over and over again. I remember thinking to myself that since I lived in a small remote town in the mountains of Arizona we would be safe from any attacks. I worried about my family who lived in larger metropolitan areas. For the first time ever, at least in my lifetime, I felt unsafe in the United States. The fear of the unknown is the worst fear on earth. I prayed then and I pray now for all the lives lost that day and all the families who loss their loved ones.

There are certain events in my life that I can recall as if they just happened. I remember where I was, who I was with and what I was doing. I remember the day when the news came that John F. Kennedy was just shot and killed, I remember watching man take his first steps on the moon,  I remember the day Elvis died, I remember Princess Diana's death and I remember watching New Orleans get demolished by Katrina. So how come I couldn't remember where my glasses were this afternoon...looking for them almost made me late for work.


1 comment:

  1. Did you look for your glasses on top of your head? :)

    ReplyDelete