New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Goodbye to a long time neighbor....

Today was a sad day for the Schroeder siblings. We found out that a good friend of our family has passed away...Mr. Seeley. Mr. and Mrs. Seeley have been my parent's next door neighbors here in Winneconne since the late 1960s. After our father died in 1999, Mr. Seeley always watched over our mother. When she was in Arizona for months at a time, it was Mr. Seeley who kept his eye on her Winneconne home. And when my mother died in 2008, Mr. and Mrs. Seeley came to her funeral and I remembered how sad and teary eyed they both were.

He has always been around to help us in any way we needed it. When I moved here last year, Mr. Seeley came over and helped unload the truck. He took care of Red's dog Rufus when Red had to work out of town over night, and he loved being my nephew Michael's fishing partner.

Whenever I take pictures of the lake from our yard I am facing the Seeley's shoreline and the dock in those pictures belonged to the Seeley's. One picture in particular was a favorite and I made it into a canvas and gave it to the Seeley's. This pictures was taken a few years ago...before an ice shove destroyed most of the dock.They loved this picture. They told me how much they missed the dock  because Mr. Seeley would walk out to it's end with his constant four-legged companion, Susie and sit on his bench . Then they would enjoy watching boats go by, geese landing on the lake and the beautiful view of the sunrises and sunsets.

We have many, many memories of our good neighbor. May he rest in peace and may God take care of Mrs. Seeley.


No comments:

Post a Comment