New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Thursday, August 23, 2012

MacGregor Reunion 2012 Recap Part Eight

One more family arrived the day of the reunion, my cousin Mary Grace MacGregor Wolfe from Tucson, her son Taylor from California and her daughter Meghann with her husband Tony and their adorable kids from Michigan. Let the party BEGIN!
Let's start with volleyball. As you recall from my last post my son Eddie set up the volleyball net and court. He warned us that the ball(s) would end up in the lake and he was right of course. The first ball went too far out for anyone to snatch it up with a net, however a boat was going by and we waved our arms and jumped up and down...they slowed down but we must have scared them because they decided  to keep going so we sadly watched the volleyball float down the lake. The second ball went in and this time our neighbors, who heard all the commotion from the first ball, jumped in their boat and rescued the ball. The third time, they jumped in their boat and did it again.(actually I think they stayed in their boat knowing it was going to go back into the water)  I think they were having as much fun retrieving the ball as we were spiking it into the lake. The fourth time it was close to our dock so my nephew Eric dove into the water and this is how he retrieved it. I think he was just looking for an excuse to get cooled off.
Besides volleyball we had others playing tag football (which also ended up in the water), many were fishing and some stayed in the air-conditioned house playing cards. But no matter what everyone was doing, the main thing is they were having fun vising with their each other.
It wouldn't be a MacGregor reunion without family portraits. I can't post all of the families individual portraits but I can show you the entire group.We had a perfect background, the beautiful Lake Winneconne.
Most of the Schroeders were at this reunion. Sadly missing from the weekly festivities were: Bruce, Delia, Matt, Maggie, Hillary and Jessica Schroeder and my grandson Aiden.
We put a lot of thought into planning our menus for every day that we entertained our guests. But Saturday's menu was extra special. We planned a spanferkel - a German pig roast. We wanted to serve something reflecting our Schroeder German heritage. When the pig arrived everyone was excited but a few of the littler kids were frightened to see a whole pig with an apple in it's mouth. I've been to other spanferkels and they were good but this one was mouth watering delicious. I think this pig was photographed just as much as the family

"Pigs in Heat" is the name of the company that roasted the pig. They roast it in this huge cage, deliver it in a special trailer then shred up the pork for us to eat.
The day ended way too soon for me. It took over a year to plan this get-together and before I knew it the day was coming to an end. Witnessing the beauty of the sun going down over Lake Winneconne that evening was bittersweet. Goodbye MacGregors...until we meet again.




No comments:

Post a Comment