New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Saturday, August 18, 2012

MacGregor Reunion 2012 Recap Part Seven

This is the day that we have all been waiting for. This is it! The actual day of the MacGregor Reunion hosted by the Schroeder branch of the family in "God's Country" or Winneconne, Wisconsin whichever name you want to call it.

However, before the guests begin to arrive there are always last minute things to do at the host house. I had asked all my boys to be here early to help out. My cousin Brian and my brother Mike were here too. Mike brought us a new flagpole. The last flagpole snapped off with the last high wind storm that we had. I had purchased a new pole but I bought the wrong size and had to take it back, Mike went to Fleet Farm and bought the correct size and came by early to install it. My mother would have been so proud to see her MacGregor Tartan Plaid flying high over the place she considered her home for so many years...Wisconsin.



The next thing the guys had to do was put up the MacGregor banner  Brian was in charge of this. My Uncle Harry had this banner made years ago and we began hanging it where ever our reunion was being hosted. It started in Hemet, California and then traveled to the home of Scott and Sarah in San Diego, California for the past two reunions and then Scott shipped it to us. This year we found the perfect spot for it in Winneconne. It was hung between two large trees overlooking the lake. Now it's our turn to ship the banner to Peoria, Arizona for the next MacGregor reunion in two years.

Since Eddie is the volleyball "guru" in this family he was the logical one to turn to to set-up a volleyball net and outline a court in mom's front yard. He did this under protest, he kept telling me that it was a bad idea. He warned us that the volleyball was going to end up in the lake.(but that's another story)


While they were busy outside I had others in the kitchen making some last minute desserts. Marina was in charge of making the sweets, while Jon and Chelsie were prepping the appetizer trays. Jon was helping outside but he loves being in the kitchen more. He has always been the one I turn to for help in preparing meals...cleaning up...not so much...but that's all right with me


We also had a decent size tent set up out on the lawn the day before. It only took two men from the tent company a few minutes to set it up. I remember for mom's birthday party eight years ago we had a tent and I think it took most the men in my family a long, long time to set up that tent. I guess it pays to have the professionals do it. Between all of us we had enough tables and chairs for our guests to have a place to sit and eat.

So, let's see where we are at:
1 - the tent is up and all the tables and chairs are in place
2-  the front yard is converted into a volleyball court
3 - the official MacGregor banner is displayed
4 - the desserts and appetizers are finished
5-  the correct sized flagpole is in place and the US flag and MacGregor Tartan are flapping in the wind

I think we are ready now for the guests to arrive. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment