New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Saturday, August 4, 2012

MacGregor Reunion Recap Part Five

Thursday brought us more excursions. This time they went to Green Bay to tour Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame. I didn't go along with them because I had to travel in the opposite direction to the Milwaukee airport to pickup Jon and Marina, plus I was just there in May with my grandson Aiden.
It was rainy that day but most of the tour and of course the shopping was inside. But the rain let up long enough for them to get this picture.
In the museum one of the displays is a replica of Vince Lombari's office. Mary Christine sat at his desk so she could show her son Zach, who is a loyal Packer fan. Notice the phone and the lamp? They are so typical of that decade. Whoever put this together thought of every little detail right down to the family pictures behind his desk. Now this is something I do want to see, when I went on the Lambeau Field tour there was no time to visit the Hall of Fame Museum. So I need to go back now for another visit.
Our Uncle Jack arrived on this day. Uncle Jack MacGregor is the only sibling of my mother who came to our reunion. He flew in from Tucson, Arizona. He's a very sentimental man and was so happy because he was finally able to see where mom had lived most of her adult life. He stayed with my brother Jack, which just happened to be in the home that mom and dad designed and built in Oshkosh.
For dinner that evening I took my uncle to Jeff's on Rugby, a neighborhood bar and restaurant with delicious food.
On the way there I was able to give Uncle Jack a short tour of places in my old Oshkosh neighborhood.(Better known as the Hi-holder District) I showed him Sacred Heart School where both my father and some of my brothers and sisters and I attended. Sacred Heart Church, the church that my Schroeder grandparents helped build and it's the church that I still like to attend occasionally for Sunday mass. He got to see the precast gym that my parents donated to Sacred Heart, Leroy's Bar, that my Uncle Milton always called his "church", the Schroeder homestead on 10th Avenue and of course Jeff's on Rugby, which was also known as Pucci' sand  then Sonny's when I was younger. My parents were regulars in this establishment, at least on Friday nights. After a long work week my parents would go to Pucci's (then after Mr. Pucci died it was called Sonny's) and sit at the bar and talk to all the other "regulars". Eventually they would find their way into the dining room for dinner. Most people on Friday nights went out for fish, but my father didn't like fish so he always had a steak...a tenderloin steak I believe was always his choice. As kids we always knew where we could find our parents on a Friday evening and if we showed up we got a free dinner.
Uncle Jack loved everything about this restaurant. He said he could tell it was a friendly neighborhood place and got very emotional when he realized he was somewhere that his sister Irene loved. After enjoying another good meal...I'm beginning to think no place around here has bad food...we were off to Barb and Mike's for a bonfire and dessert...s'mores.
By the time we got to Barb's 4 more family members had flown in. Charles and Garrett arrived into Milwaukee from Florida, Amy Mac flew into Appleton from Florida and Marina had arrived into Milwaukee...but not Jon. Once again, this is what might happen when you travel on stand bye. Evidently Jon didn't make it on the early flight but he was arriving into Milwaukee on the midnight flight from Phoenix.
Wouldn't you know it? It hadn't rained around here for weeks and weeks but the first night we plan an outdoor event it rained. Roasting marshmallows gathered around the burner of your kitchen stove just doesn't seem as much fun. The rain did end finally long enough for my nephew Michael and his friend Dylan to build a fire. And as you can see in the picture we did get to roast marshmallows...and not in the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment