New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Friday, August 17, 2012

MacGregor Reunion 2012 Recap Part Six

Friday started with a trip to Henning's Cheese House near Kiel, Wisconsin. Henning's is a family owned business that has been making award winning cheese since 1914. My son Eddie, owner of Thinksite, built and maintains the website for Henning's and he arranged a special tour through the cheese factory for our family.

Aren't these styling caps? I'm sure they will never catch on as a fashion statement. The girls were freezing inside the factory especially Barb, she's cold if it's below 90 degrees. I didn't go along on this trip either. I didn't get home from the Milwaukee Airport until about 2:30 am so Jon, Marina and I decided to just enjoy resting by the lake and running a few last minute errands to the Piggly Wiggly grocery store getting to buy food for the reunion on Saturday.
If you are ever in need of a special gift for someone to wish them a happy birthday, a happy holiday, thank them for their hospitality or just for no reason at all...there is no better gift than the cheese gift boxes from Henning's Cheese. Visit their site and tell them Eddie sent you.
http://www.henningscheese.com/.   


Friday evening was Jack and Mary's turn to host our out of town guests. They cooked up Wisconsin brats, freshly picked sweet corn and all the trimmings. And three more MacGregors arrived - Jim, Gina and Scott - all from the SanDiego area. (almost all have arrived now...but not quite).  It was a chance to slow down a bit, enjoy a good meal and reminisce with cousins and one uncle that haven't seen each other for a long time.
Now you'll notice I wasn't in any of these pictures either. My three sons and I have our own tradition that we follow whenever we get the chance to be together, we go out to eat at Haase's Supper Club in Borth, Wisconsin. I have been going to Haase's since I was about 15 years old...a long, long time. I get the same thing every time, the tenderloin filet. It's as good now as it was back then, the portions are huge and the prices are low. How many of you can say that you have been patronizing the same restaurant for over four decades? No one keeps returning to an establishment and keeps ordering the same item on the menu unless the food was to die for. Not to mention their famous after dinner drink - the grasshopper. I ate at a place in Arizona and ordered a grasshopper and I knew I was in trouble when I saw the bartender getting out a "how to make drinks" book. It was the worse drink I ever had - instead of being an ice cream drink it was like drinking green milk out of a martini glass. Never again did I make the mistake of ordering a grasshopper in Arizona. Haase's has the best!
I love my boys and since it isn't too often that I have all three sons in the same state at the same time, when I do I relish our time together. We celebrated Eddie's birthday that night . My oldest is now 37 years old! Yikes. 
One final note. My oldest nephew, Nick was born on this day in 1965. He left this world way too early. His son Nico was the first relative to arrive this week.We loved Nick and we are so thankful that Nico is such a big part of our family. Happy Birthday Nick, you are greatly missed.



1 comment: