New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Sunday, August 26, 2012

Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold.

If I was still in the mountains of Arizona I'd be at the Chocolate Crop in Payson, Arizona right now. The local scrapbook store, Paper and Metal, sponsors an all weekend crop from Friday noon until Sunday around 3pm and they do this twice a year. At these crops we are treated the entire time with chocolate goodies. My favorites were the  ritz crackers with peanut butter dipped in chocolate - YUM! Of course they served delicious meals too. We scrapped, had make and takes, contests and of course shopped. Brenda and Barb, I hope everyone is having a great time. I miss you guys.
I actually met some new scrappers in Winneconne this week. There is a small scrapbook store here in Winneceonne called Winneconne Crafts. Margaret,the owner, has a good variety of scrapbook materials on hand and an impressive amount of cricut cartridges at low, low prices. That's where I met some new women who like to scrap, well actually these particular women liked making cards but I still had a great time. I was just glad to have a scissors and glue stick back in my hands again. http://winneconnecrafts.com/
I also got out my cricut machine and started making a few things. I got some ideas for the holidays coming up. What do you think of this Halloween lantern?


Once I got a taste of scrapping again I became anxious to teach so I visited the local Michael's and JoAnn's stores in Appleton, Wisconsin to see if they needed a new instructor. The managers at both the stores seemed interested but evidently a person needs to complete an online training course before you can apply to teach at these stores. So I got the contract information, got in touch with the person who then set-up my course. I completed the course and I'm proud to say I did awesome on my test. I kinda chuckled throughout the course...I've been teaching scrapbooking for so many years, I could have been the instructor for this class. But it was something I had to complete to be considered for employment. After that was all finished I finally was able to complete a job application, a background check and two more tests. Boy, all of this just to teach a scrapbooking class! But I love teaching and I'll do what it takes.

2 comments:

  1. Mary Lou,
    The Halloween Lantern is amazing. You are so talented. The scrapbook students will be lucky to learn from you. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna. I must have done something right because the owner of Winneconne Crafts wants to know if I could make more lanterns for different holidays/occasions and then teach a class using the cricut to make the projects. Yay!

    ReplyDelete