New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Sunday, May 6, 2012

Beer is a sign that God loves us......

My last flight for a while..and it's too bad because I think TSA people were beginning to know me quite well. I had many pat downs and squabs of my hands and neck brace these past 9 months...I was kinda looking forward to going through security.
Jon wasn't able to get off of work on Saturday so the plan to begin our trek from Arizona to Wisconsin together disappeared. Thank God we had a plan B.
The guys from Car-Quest in Overgaard picked up and delivered the rented U-Haul trailer to my house and Arin and Dawn (you guys know who you are) helped load the heavy things onto the trailer and get it all strapped down tight. Mandy, Bethanie and Baylend helped finish packing. But with my luck the connector to the trailer was faulty and didn't work. I waited until the next morning for the part to arrive but that didn't happen, so Car Quest called everyone on the mountain and there was no part to be found for my KIA. Finally, Arin wired the trailer so at least the brake lights worked and I had to drive it down the mountain like that. A place in Mesa was waiting for us to pickup the part that we needed. I was worried about where to store the loaded trailer while it was in Tempe for two days. One of Jon's friends came through and offered his gated back yard. Thanks Dorsey!
I want to thank everyone who has helped me. Donna and Fritz from Car Quest, Arin, Dawn and the two young men who helped with the appliances, Mandy and her teenagers and Jon for keeping his cool through all of this (most of the time). My neighbors for keeping on eye on the place in my absence. I have never been so thankful for the cameras in the backyard. Between the cameras and my watchful neighbors we always know if someone is on the property when they shouldn't be. Thank you Charlotte and Bill. I am one very lucky woman to have friends like these.
After many hours of hard work packing, loading, driving a heavy load down the mountain with no directional lights, worrying and then being in that Arizona desert heat I treated myself to one large, cold Michelob Ultra (or maybe more) and got into the pool at Jon and Marina's complex. How does that saying go? "Beer is a sign that God loves us." That quote meant a lot to me on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment