New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Monday, May 28, 2012

Ghosts in house, Online Digital Scrapbook Classes, Lambeau Field...

Yup, I'm still here. I think this  makes a record for me...I've been in the same state now for over two weeks, it's been a long time since I've been able to accomplish this. I am so happy to be back home in Wisconsin. No mater where you go or how long you are away the place where you grew up family is always going to be "home".

Last week Aiden and his mother, Mandy, came for a long weekend. What a pleasure to be able to have him here in the house that his great grandpa and grandma Schroeder built. Kids say the cutest things. I had to work the first day that they were here and I called and spoke to Aiden during my break. In a very excited voice Aiden said to me "Grandma there are ghosts in this house!" I of course had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. Then I found out...he was referring to all the deer, antelope and fish hanging on the walls. He has never seen dead animals in a house before. I can imagine what he thought when he woke up to those things hanging over him. I still don't understand why he thinks they are ghosts, but it's cute just the same. All my life my father and brothers hunted had their game stuffed and mounted so I never really think twice about all these heads. For someone who has never lived with hunters I guess seeing all the game on the walls in houses and restaurants is very strange.

One thing we wanted to do while Aiden was here was take him to Lambeau Field in Green Bay. I've never been on the tour so that's how we spent our Friday. When I saw the field from a distance I filled up with pride. Pride that I was able to take my grandson on his first visit to Lambeau Field. I still remember the day my dad took me for my first time. I hope Aiden will remember this day with me as well as I remember my day with my dad.

We had a very entertaining man as our guide. He told the history of the Packers and I was afraid that Aiden would get bored, but I was proud of him.. he hung in there even though I  know he was really tired. Since he was the only child in our group the man made sure he addressed Aiden often to keep him interested. We took pictures with Curly Lambeau and Vince Lombardi (I mean their statues...they weren't there and unlike the animals they weren't stuffed for the walls). We got to go through the same tunnel that the Packer's go through to get to the field and I'll have to admit, I got very emotional. Then we finally made it to the field and took loads of pictures. The guide kept warning us not to go on the grass, but since I don't know when or if I'll ever have Aiden down there again I grabbed him and touched one toe onto the grass. Aiden kept looking around for the guide I think he was afraid that we would get yelled at.

The final stop was the gift shop. Aiden wanted a ping pom, once again I had no idea what he was talking about and he gets so frustrated with me because it's evident that he knows what he's saying and thinks I should know too. Anyway, a ping pom was a pom pom, and he wanted a Packer's number one foam finger and a cap. Actually, he wanted a lot more but we stopped with those three items. I'm not sure who had more fun on this trip, me or Aiden. I plan on putting Aiden on the waiting list for season tickets to the Packer games. I know the odds are not in his favor...but who knows...maybe by the time he's ready to retire he might be chosen.

Now for a ittle business talk. My next online digital scrapbook class begins June 6th and if you or anyone you know is interested in registering for this class please tell them about this blog. I guarantee that you will have a fun time AND learn some new tricks on digital scrapbooking with Heritage Makers. I am trying something new for the summer. Not only will I teach you all you need to know about online digital scrapbooking but you are actually going to make a flip book. (also known as a brag book) It's the perfect size to fit into a purse. It's also the perfect price range for teenagers who want to make a book about their last school field trip, or a gift for a graduate, perfect for little league teams and I could go on and on with examples but you get the idea. Join me on Tuesday evenings from the comfort of your own home for these online digital scrapbook classes during the summer. Register today at Northland Pioneer College www.npc.edu or call me 920-420-0463 if you have any questions. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment