New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Sunday, May 13, 2012

Texts, milk tins and oysters = a Happy Mother's Day to me...

Happy Mother's Day! I have so much to be thankful for but the fact that God gave me three loving sons to mother is what I am most thankful for. It was a perfect Sunday today, sunny, warm and not too windy. I think May is my favorite month in Wisconsin.The weather can be warm like it was today and I can sit outside on the porch and watch the sun go down over the lake while listening to the geese and ducks, and there are NO mosquitoes biting me. Yes, this is my favorite month of the year here in Wisconsin. In another month I won't be able to even open the door to the outside after the sun sets because I expect the mosquitoes to be out in full force. Those little bugs really love my blood.

We enjoyed brunch at the Fin N Feather this morning. It was a huge spread of food and every bite was delicious. Salads, soups, breakfast foods, lunch items, ham and prime rib...my favorite was a french toast bake. It was bread with cream cheese and pecans smothered with some gooey, sugary substance baked and served warm. Yum! And are you wondering if I stuck to my portion control today...the answer would be no. After all it was my day and I could do what I wanted to do.

Joey always gets me my favorite chocolates for Mother's Day...oysters. For years he has had to mail them to me but by the time they arrived in Arizona the box of chocolate oysters are melted together. Well today he delivered my chocolates to me in person. When I opened the box we just about died laughing...he had left the box in his truck on this unusually warm day and the entire box was melted! They were melted worse than when they arrived in Arizona...I actually had to get a spoon to eat them. Melted or not they are still the best chocolates on this Earth.


Our sermon today was about The 5 Love Languages. I never heard of this book but it sure fit into the entire Mother's Day theme. Here's a little about what they are...
Of the countless ways we can show love to one another, five key categories, or five love languages, proved to be universal and comprehensive—everyone has a love language, and we all identify primarily with one of the five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch.
 I began to think about my mother and what she would have liked the most of these 5 things. She always said she liked it when we visited her, she wasn't much for receiving gifts, she'd rather be the one giving gifts, neither of my parents were good at verbally  telling us how much they loved us and until mom's  later years she didn't like to hug...but written words of affirmation (thank you notes) was what meant the most to our mom. I know this because I'm still sorting through her old papers and I have boxes of thank you cards and letters that she saved throughout her 80 plus years. Reading through those cards and letters makes me realize how important of a person she was not only to us, her family, but to neighbors, organizations, employees and friends. She was a generous and giving person. Some things that she did I wasn't even aware of until recently. She wasn't the type who bragged or looked for recognition. What a remarkable woman my mother was. Happy Mother's Day to, my mother, Irene Margaret MacGregor Schroeder.I truly believe you were with me and my boys on this very special day. 
Thank you for a perfect day...Jon, Joey and Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment