New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Saturday, May 12, 2012

Jon arrived safe, MacGregor shirts need to be ordered...

Jon made it to Wisconsin safely with my dog, plant and u-haul trailer all intact. He made record time too. He left Tempe, AZ around noon on Sunday and arrived into Oshkosh, WI around midnight Tuesday morning. When he got to Winneconne ( a few beers later because he stopped into the Bar to visit with his older brother) it was around 2:30 am and he flicked on my bedroom light and tossed my dog onto my bed. We were so happy to see each other...at least I think she was happy to see me, it might have been that she was just happy to be out of the car after two days...but I'm going to keep thinking she was just happy to see me.
 Third and FINAL trip of belongings from Arizona to Wisconsin. My God, Red drove a 26 ft. truck and pulled a trailer, Jon and I drove a 16 ft. truck last summer and now Jon drove my KIA pulling this trailer...I bet you can guess where all my money went this past year huh?
Here's a little advice or I should say warning to anyone thinking about purchasing a VISA money card...DON'T DO IT! Since I wasn't going to be with Jon on this car trip and he couldn't use my credit card I decided it would be a good idea to put enough gas money on a VISA money card. He had two cards to make sure that he had enough in case of any emergencies. Well...he used the card twice before it started declining, he called the 800 number on the card and they said we needed to register the card, he wanted to know why it worked twice already without registration and they didn't know. So Jon registered both cards and the company said he was good to go...not true. When he got another few states away the cards we beginning to be declined again...so he called again. This time they said since the gas station kept trying to run the cards before we knew they needed to be registered the VISA Company put holds on both cards. Jon argued that everything was taken care of, but they said there was nothing they could do about it and told Jon not to worry because he'd get his money back, but not until May 16!! So my son was stuck two states away from me with no money and no working money cards, needless to say he wasn't a "happy camper". Thank God I have an awesome family. I called my brother in Phoenix and he was able to borrow me money and he was able to immediately run to Jon's bank and deposit that money directly into Jon's debit card. That was what Jon needed to finish his trip, so he deserved those beers that he had when he arrived into Oshkosh.
My oldest son came on Tuesday and the two of them unloaded my appliances and Jon had all the rest of the items that were on that trailer and stuffed into the back of my KIA unloaded and in the house by the time I got home from work for lunch.
As a huge thank you I invited my brothers, sisters their spouses and my sons to dinner Tuesday night at Haase's Supper Club in Borth, WI. It's been my favorite place to eat since I was a teenager and now it's my sons favorite place to too...we even have Marina wanting to eat at this restaurant whenever she visits.  Sadly, not all could make it to dinner the other night but I will thank them in some other way. And Bruce and Delia when you arrive this July I will take you guys. (So for all my soon to be visiting MacGregor cousins...this is a restaurant you don't want to miss eating at while you are here for our reunion this summer.)
Speaking of the MacGregor Reunion this summer I still need to know how many shirts your branch of the MacGregor tree needs and what sizes. Aunt Molly and Uncle Jack we still need to know what color you would like your branch's shirts to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment