New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Jon, Aiden? Aiden, Jon?

I got to visit a brand new doctor today...and she wasn't a PA she was a doctor! Something we didn't experience too much in the mountains of Arizona. Anyway, I've been coughing for almost three weeks now. Not a cold or anything just an annoying dry cough and it's really giving me headaches and my ribs feel like I've broken them from this. All I do is disturb people at work, in meetings and church. The worse part has been waking up in the middle of the night thinking I'm choking. The doctor said that the allergies are very bad this year in Wisconsin (I was told that in Arizona too) and my throat is so irritated that it is swelling shut. She gave me some medicine to try to help me stop coughing during the day and some stronger meds to take at night so I can finally get some sleep. I've taken it already so if this blog begins to not make too much sense you'll know why.

I've got to share these pictures, two are of Jon when he was little fishing off the dock in Winneconne and two are of Aiden fishing off the dock in Winneconne. I never dreamed that I'd experience the happiness of taking pictures of two generations doing the same thing in the same place.


I have a warm feeling inside of me knowing that even though I moved a lot with my kids, my sons had  a stable place to visit... at Grandpa's and Grandma's. Many memories were made here and the boys knew that they were always welcomed and loved...and now Aiden has that in his life too. I have so many pictures of family and friends who visited this dock over the years and caught fish. I'm thinking I might design a storybook with all those pictures and fish tales. I could make it into a guest book for people to write in. I will keep you all informed on what I decide. Any ideas to help me along?
Last night the bull frogs were out. They must sleep during the day because they never stopped croaking at all!! As I layed in bed, coughing, I kept listening to them and envisioned that I was in the swamps of Louisiana. Not a pleasant thought I might add...swamps, bugs and alligators are not my idea of a fun time.

The weather changes many times a day here. It will be coolish in the morning, hot in the afternoon and then one night it will be warm and not a thing is stirring outside (last night) and the next night it's cold enough to crawl under your blanket (tonight). I am constantly going from room to room opening or closing windows. Darn, mom has a lot of windows in this house! It also looks like it has snowed all over my lawn. There are a few more very large cottonwood trees on the property and they are messy. There is a constant flow of cotton coming down right now and I'm sure that has something to do with the allergies. I don't think people are allowed to plant these kind of trees any more because of the mess they make.

My new Memories in Bits and Pieces LLC business cards arrived today. Now I can begin using some marketing techniques that I learned from Casey Eberhart, the Ideal Networker   www.caseyeberhart.com   I needed my new phone number on my business cards so while I was at it  (actually while Eddie was at it) he updated and made some other minor changes to the cards. I also ordered magnets for the first time. So if anyone is interested in a magnet for their fridge or filing cabinet just write on this blog and I'll get you your very own...how exciting for you.

1 comment:

  1. Mary Lou, the bull frogs were probably responding to your "croaking" cough :). I remember listening to them when we went camping in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete