New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Feathered friends date night in Winneconne....

Well I did it again...I forgot to take my meds this morning and someone who read yesterday's post wrote to me and asked if I forgot anything today and that's when I remembered...YES I did! Thanks Loyelin. What did Scarlett say in Gone With the Wind? "Tomorrow is another day".
I'm going to share some more pictures with you that I took last week while I was in Wisconsin. I love my birds and I love feeding them. So these are the guests that I had one evening for supper.



These birds were all paired up...it was as if it was "date" night at Mary Lou's diner. I felt like the fifth wheel. I didn't get any pictures of the others that were diving in the lake for bugs or fish I'm not sure which. They are white birds but I'm not sure if they are seagulls or not. They moved way too fast for me to get a decent shot (with my camera). I'm hoping by the time I get back that some finches will have found my finch feeder. I have some large shepard's hooks to hold these feeders but unfortunately the hooks are still in Arizona and the feeders are in Wisconsin. Soon the two shall be together again. At the rate these little guys eat I'm going to go broke buying seed! When I get back it will be time to put out the hummingbird feeders too.
I started watching birds and then documenting when I saw them in my book back around 1999. I remember it well because I had to have surgery and my mom came up in the mountain to Heber to take care of me. The two of us spent hours waiting and watching for a new bird to come by my feeders, then we'd write the date in my book. Those are some very fond memories.
I joined a new group on Facebook tonight..You know you're from Omro when... I'm not sure but I think Jeff Cady started the sight because he's the one who accepted my request. Another person saw that I was posting Winro Roller Rink Photos on my home page and asked if I'd join the Omro group and post them there also. Enjoy all you Omroites...is that a word? I have many more pictures to come. Some of Precast Concrete Specialties, more of Winro, the golf course, supper club, motel and wedding hall and some of Omro in general. If you are reading this and are from the Omro area you need to join the group. Stories of the "good ol' days" are popping up and you won't want to miss that trip down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment