New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Sunday, April 1, 2012

I LOVE lilacs....


Everywhere that I looked in Wisconsin there were budding flowers, including flowers in the garden that we planted last year in Winneconne. If the weather would have stayed warmer this past week I’m sure I would have gotten lucky enough to actually see some of those buds bloom. Last July Jon and I brought back my one and only lilac bush that I had in my front yard in Arizona. July probably wasn’t the ideal time to uproot it and I worried the entire trip on whether or not it was drying up in that hot U-haul truck. I asked Jon to stop often so we could check on it and we purchased gallons of water so we could water it. Then when we got to Winneconne that was the first thing off the truck and Mike and Red got it re-planted into the ground. I’ve been worrying for 8 months now on whether it survived that ordeal…and now I’m showing you proof that it did! Yay! It’s budding like crazy and looks better than ever. I guess it likes this “moist” Wisconsin climate. 



 
Mom already had a lilac bush in her yard in Winneconne (hers is the first picture, mine is the second picture…see how different they are?). I guess there are many varieties of lilac bushes…this is something that I never knew. Every day I am learning something. So don’t believe it when they say “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks”.
I would love to see some pictures from you guys. Upload them with your comments so I can share them. Most everyone I know who loves scrapbooking also loves sharing their photos. After all, isn't that why we scrapbook in the first place?
We should get together our best shots of flowers and make a calendar for next year? If you're interested let me know and I can get you started a calendar in the Heritage Maker Studio. If you want to check out our templates go to www.memoriesin.com

1 comment:

  1. I remember riding motorcycles in Wisconsin. Every farmhouse in the country was surrounded by lilacs. White, blue, and purple, and the smell!! One thing I really miss(and the sweet corn)

    ReplyDelete