New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Grandma MacGregor and Me....

Happy Birthday Grandma Edna Murphy MacGregor, I didn't know you very well but that didn't mean I loved you any less than my Grandma Schroeder.
Edna Genevieve Murphy was born on April 4, 1904 to Ethel Josephine Moriarty and Michael J. Murphy in Wentworth, Ontario, Canada. I only got to meet her a few times in my life. Back then people were not as mobile as they are today and they just couldn't afford to travel across the United States often. She lived in Sunland, California and I lived in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I have this picture of the two of us together in Sunland in 1957 but I don't remember a thing. I believe I met her only two more times, once in 1964 because she came to visit us for my older sister's wedding and one other time after my Grandpa MacGregor passed away...around 1959 or 1960. I sometimes get very sad because I wasn't around her. I listen to my MacGregor cousins talk about her and they tell me she was a "young" grandma. She was very particular about her hair and what she wore. That's about all I know.
I have made myself a promise that even though I'm moving 1800 miles away from my grandson I will never be a stranger to him. He will always be a huge part of my daily life. Thank God we live in the times of Skype, digital uploads and mobile phones. Aiden and I will always be in touch. (Not to mention the cheap way we get to fly back and forth between Arizona and Wisconsin).

No comments:

Post a Comment