New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday, Mirror Mirror, Job Hunt continues...

I'm following another blog that I think you might like...Circle of Moms (look on my blog list). Once you get on the blog you can join communities. So far the communities that I have chosen to join are..digi scrapping moms, scrapbooking mamas, and Wisconsin moms. Check this blog out and then let us know which ones you have chosen to join.
Today is my "Friday" because I have off of work tomorrow. Ever since I began working (a long, long time ago) I have been off on Good Friday - maybe not all day but usually by noon so we could go to church at 3:00 pm. It was a culture shock for me when I moved to Arizona and no one gave their employees off on that day. I've missed the Catholic traditions that go along with Holy Week. This is one more reason why I'm moving back home.
Mandy and I needed a break from our life worries today so we took in a movie after work and school. We needed something lighthearted and I was hoping for a comedy but the closest thing we could find in the theaters up here on the mountain was Mirror, Mirror. We heard that this movie got bad reviews but I love Julia Roberts and I usually don't agree with the people who write those reviews. Unfortunately, this time the reviews were correct. The movie was cute and predictable, after all, everyone knows how the Snow White story goes, but it just wasn't that great. It was told in a very unusual way, a way I never heard of before..kind of a woman's equal rights version. It did give us two hours of no phones (I did see Mandy peeking a couple of times though), no thinking about our troubles and the chance to eat all the buttered popcorn that we wanted. So it wasn't a total waste of our time.
Sent out four more resumes last night to places in the Fox Valley area. I'm thinking positive thoughts and every day I keep thinking today is the day I'll get that magical call from someone who wants me to start working for them. I'm getting close to completing my 14th year at Northland Pioneer College. I've been an academic advisor all this time except for my first year. I've also been the manager of one of their satellite centers, an instructor and the GED Chief Examiner. I wear many, many hats at the College. If anyone knows of a business or person who needs a hard working, dedicated employee in the Fox Valley area of Wisconsin, please let me know. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment