New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I have a loose screw...

Yesterday was my six month check up after my neck surgery. One of the six bolts is still not fusing to the bone as fast as the doctors would hope. Or as my family puts it...I have a screw loose. So I am stuck wearing the heavy stimulator around my neck for at least another three months! I took my time enjoying the warm weather in Phoenix before I began my trip up the mountain. This is how my traveling back and forth between two states always goes..I begin in the mountains of Arizona where I live at about 6700 feet elevation so the winters are just a little milder than Wisconsin winters; I drive about 2.5 hours down the mountain to Phoenix to the airport; after 3.5 hours in the air I arrive in Milwaukee where I begin another drive to Winneconne which takes about 2 hours. So I go from snow and cold, to hot and sunny, to snow and cold and back again. I have become an expert on dressing in layers. I've also become an expert on going through airport security with my neck brace and stimulator around my neck. I feel as though I personally know the TSA people. I ordered over 200 pictures from Walgreens Photo online last night. They had a coupon for $20 off any order over $40, so I got my order for half price! Mandy and I are planning some hands-on scrapbooking this weekend. We are going to scrapbook for two solid days this coming weekend. Since I don't have any supplies here in Arizona, (mine are all in Wisconsin) Mandy has agreed to share her scrapbooking supplies with me. That is one of the golden rules that a scrapbooker follows...share your supplies. I plan on teaching scrapbooking when I get to Wisconsin so I need to make some samples to show off some new techniques. I love my digital scrapbooking and teach those classes also, but sometimes I just need to feel the paper, search for just the right embellishments and hold those scissors in my hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment