New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sturgeon Spearing and Scrapbooking....

This weekend was a much awaited weekend for ice fisherman, opening day of sturgeon spearing on Lake Winnebago. Although Wisconsin sold a record breaking amount of licenses attendance was poor because of the unusual warm weather that Wisconsin has been having this winter. A few years back my brother, Jack, got his sturgeon and I used this photo to design a scrapbook page. I was teaching scrapbooking at the college in Arizona during that time and no one in my class even knew what sturgeon spearing was. I asked my students if they've ever seen the movie Grumpy Old Men then I tell them that the fisherman really do fish on the iced over lake. I explained sturgeon fishing as follows: You drag your fishing shanty out on the lake, cut a rectangular shaped hole in the ice, sit near that hole and wait for a sturgeon to swim by so you can spear it. No one believed me. I think everyone should experience ice fishing at least once in their lifetime. (By the way, the class was not on the art of sturgeon spearing, it was on a special technique to make a title for your scrapbook page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment