New Home

I have moved back home to Wisconsin but I want to reassure my Arizona clients that I am still their personal consultant even though I am 2,000 miles away. That's what is so great about digital scrapbooking and Heritage Makers...with today's technology I can reach out to you through the Internet. Contact me at info@memoriesin.com or call 920-420-0463 if you need any guidance on your next project.


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thank God, Thank God, Thank God...

I am exhausted mentally after the day I had today. I know yesterday I thought Tuesday was like a Monday...well so was today! We had to administer GED tests today. We arrived at our normal location and nothing was set up, then we discovered that I had left the answer sheets for all the candidates in another city over an hour away, then I tried printing up new answer sheets and the doors were locked so had to wait, then the first computer I was logged into locked up and wouldn't print, then I brought the wrong laptop to connect to the GED scanner, then the laptop that we had borrowed wouldn't stay connected to the Internet. Other than that our day went well...Thank God I work with Donna, who is an awesome woman who knows how to handle stress. Thank God Kathy, the Holbrook Campus assistant, was able to get the tv and white board out for us and sent Leonard to help set up tables, and got me logged into a computer and printer that worked.  Thank God for Eric, the director of our IT department, because he was able to get Kim, the NPC IT tech in Holbrook, to our aide within minutes. And thank God that Kim had the patience to work with us most of the day keeping that laptop connected to the Internet. All I could think of was please God, let this day be over with and lead me to the nearest bar that served ice cold beer!

I am grateful for all the people at Northland Pioneer College that I have had the pleasure of working with for the past 14 (almost) years. I love my job and I actually think today was a blessing in disguise. It just reminded me on how much we work together as a team no matter which campus or center you are at. So I will thank God again and again for today.

As I have always told my sons when something seems to have gone wrong "this is an adventure". Well, Eddie, Joey and Jon, your mother just went on one of those adventures today!

Needless to say, we didn't go for beer but we did treat ourselves to a delicious dinner at Eva's Mexican Restaurant in Snowflake, Arizona. If you ever get the chance to eat there try their Pollo Especiale. I think I've written about that before but it's worth mentioning again.

I'm busy packing for my trip to Winneconne tomorrow...where the fish are waiting for me. Actually, not much to pack, mostly gadgets...my neck brace, camera and breathing machine...not many clothes to pack, most of my clothes are already there. So I guess you could say I'm traveling "light".


1 comment:

  1. Mary Lou is NOT exaggerating, that is how our day went. At least we can laugh at each other and with each other. Donna Krieser

    ReplyDelete